3 packets unflavored gelatin (21 g)
1 1/3 cup cold water (divided)
15 packets of granulated stevia
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 scoop vanilla whey protein* (10 g)
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Combine the gelatin and 2/3 cup of cold water in a small bowl and let sit.
2. Add the stevia, salt, and 1/3 cup of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. While stirring occasionally, continue to boil the mixture for about 5 minutes or until a light syrup forms.
3. Meanwhile, combine the whey protein, xanthan gum, cream of tartar, and remaining 1/3 cup of water to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat at low speed. Gradually increase the mixer to high speed and continue to beat on high until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
4. When this mixture is at the desired fluffy consistency, add the dissolved gelatin and begin mixing at low speed. Gradually drizzle the stevia syrup down the side of the bowl and into the mixture in the bowl. Once completely added, set the mixer to high speed and mix until thick. Add the vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
5. Spread the marshmallow fluff in an even layer across the bottom of a greased glass 9×14 pan. Allow the marshmallow to rest uncovered at room temperature overnight or until dry. Cut into desired shapes using a cookie cutter or knife.
Nutrition Facts (6 servings!):
Fat: 0 g
Carbs: 1 g
Protein: 5 g
* Using different powders may change the taste, consistency, and nutritional value of the ice cream.